There has been an article floating around in the internet circles that I frequent that talks about older Mothers telling younger Mothers to "carpe diem."
Seize the day because these babes won't be babes for much longer.
And everyone who voices their opinion is pretty much on the same band wagon - HELL NO! Those older ladies are off their rockers - we don't need to sit around wallowing in the trenches of motherhood because it sucks!
I have mixed feelings about the views of this. I know when I'm done wiping butts, cleaning vomit off the couch, and filling sippy cups...I will miss the simplicity of their needs and will wish for these times back. But at the same time, it is hard to imagine life outside of these little people's demands right now!
That is until I found the statement below:
You’re suffering now because you’re turning into a new woman, a woman who is never allowed to be alone. For what? Only so that you can become strong enough to be a woman who will be left.
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/to-the-mother-with-only-one-child#ixzz1jvxPeCrR
I does not get any closer to the truth than this...
Seize the day because these babes won't be babes for much longer.
And everyone who voices their opinion is pretty much on the same band wagon - HELL NO! Those older ladies are off their rockers - we don't need to sit around wallowing in the trenches of motherhood because it sucks!
I have mixed feelings about the views of this. I know when I'm done wiping butts, cleaning vomit off the couch, and filling sippy cups...I will miss the simplicity of their needs and will wish for these times back. But at the same time, it is hard to imagine life outside of these little people's demands right now!
That is until I found the statement below:
You’re suffering now because you’re turning into a new woman, a woman who is never allowed to be alone. For what? Only so that you can become strong enough to be a woman who will be left.
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/to-the-mother-with-only-one-child#ixzz1jvxPeCrR
I does not get any closer to the truth than this...
No comments:
Post a Comment