CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lucky


As parents, Greg and I have been sooo lucky in many aspects! In Kelsey's two and half years of life, she has only suffered from the minor seasonal colds. That all changed Friday night!

She is rather weird from time to time and finds it funny to stick her finger down her throat. I heard her over the monitor coughing. I went to check on her and she was giggling and wanted me to look at her pillow...where I found a "lovely" little barf biscuit! She told me she stuck her finger down her throat....oh joy! She then proceeded to throw up several times over the next hour or so. She handled this quite well and was rather brave.

In true Kelsey fashion, after each "contribution" to the bucket she would look up at me and say, "I'm all done...can I have a snack now?" She is like a bottomless pit! Her eating habits are what got her into this little vomit fest! Greg and I chalked this up to the fact that she ate FIFTEEN medium-sized shrimp, about 2 cups of boiled red potatoes, AND green beans. She followed this up with ice cream. Obviously the food had no where to go but up and out after a couple of hours of sitting in her belly!

Since we are still fairly new parents (read: paranoid), Mommy was elected to sleep on the couch with Kelsey for the night. This was no walk in the park...the girl likes her space when she sleeps! I kept getting crowded out and would go lay at the other end, only to wake up suddenly with a little girl in my face, "Mommy, where you go? Are you awake? I need you!" Finally Daddy gave her a magic paci that wouldn't make her spit up and she passed out in her own bed. What would we do without Daddies?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Poor Kelsey!