So I've updated, very briefly, about the children in the two posts below. I will do my best to post after Colin's birthday party next weekend. I'm a bit sad about my baby turning one!
Let's see, what has been going on with the adults of our household? Greg is in full swing with his summer-time activities. He plays on a Wednesday night golf league and is really enjoying that. I believe this is his third year with this league. Greg is also playing on a Thursday night slow-pitch softball team. While his team is doing so-so, our medical insurance bills would say otherwise! A few weeks ago Greg took a bad bounce of the ball right to his nose. He was not worried about breaking his nose (again), but was more worried about his teeth! I quickly left the kids with a friend in the stands and made my way to the dugout with all that I had...baby wipes! I assured him his teeth her fine, his nose wasn't broken, but he did need stitches. Everyone was telling him he was fine, it wasn't broken...blah blah blah. I wanted to tell them to shut up...the end of his nose was split wide open!! I don't think the people could look past the massive amounts of blood on his face and jersey to take a real look at the damage. Four stitches and some painful numbing shots to the tip of his nose and he was good as new!
As for me? I've been on the run these days!
A group of my Mommy friends and I decided to run our very first 5k road race! Our fearless leader, Erin, had just ran the Fifth-Third Riverbank 25k when she talked us into training for a 5k. This was decided over beers of course, but we were all sober when we agreed to train and run the race! So a couple of weeks ago we ran the Reeds Lake Run in East Grand Rapids on a beautiful Saturday morning. My only goal was to run the entire 3.1 miles...and I did it in 33 minutes and 24 seconds! I have decided to keep up my running and am looking at running a couple more races this fall. My next goal is to run the distance in under 30 minutes...very achievable!
In the process of training for the race, I also have been working on getting the rest of my baby weight off. I am happy to report, I am in week 4 of my maintenance period (6 weeks total) for Weight Watchers. I have 2 pounds to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I am in smaller sizes now than I was when I got pregnant with Colin. I can honestly say that I haven't felt this good about myself and what I've been able to accomplish in a loooong time!
The flip side of being "skinny," it is a hard battle. I think I actually need counselling! It is much easier to be overweight than it is to be the size I am now. I liked blending in and not really getting noticed. It makes me uncomfortable for people to say "wow, you are so skinny now!" I am proud of myself, don't get me wrong, but it is hard to take compliments and receive attention.
That is the update on The Pattison's for now!

7 comments:
I'm so proud of you Renee! Love, Mom
You should be so proud of yourself Renee, and stand out you look GREAT!
Erin
OMG!! I almost peed myself when I saw you blogged!!!! Great job Wren!! Love ya!!
I am glad that you FINALLY updated your blog. I haven't been too good about it either lately. You look great!!
is it really you? lol. j/k been awhile. anyway good going you! I keep thinking of taking up running..I really should.Perhaps today is the day!
Thanks for the updates on your family. Yeah you for the running! I recently started running again, and it's a slow go. Congrats on the being at nearly pre preg weight!
I always find it very intrusive when people comment on my body. I'd like to think that people like me at a size 6 or a size 12, but they seem to like making a HUGE DEAL out of weight loss.
Post a Comment