CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Skating Queen

Kelsey had been asking for a looooooong time to go ice skating...who knows which princess movie she got the idea from! So Greg and I took Colin to Gangy's and off we went to Patterson Ice Center. Kelsey thought she would get pink or purple skates, because after all...those are GIRL colors. Thank goodness I told her that she'd probably get blue skates and she was well prepared for the disappointment...she was just happy they were little skates for little girls!

She was a bit leary at first...the ice is slippery you know! But after a half hour, she warmed up and was actually skating quite well and even pushing her little skates off to the side to propel herself forward. The smiles in these pictures are worth a thousand words...she just kept looking up at me and saying "I'm really skating Mommy, I'm really doing it!"

Kelsey is waiting for me to get my skates on, as you can see...she can hardly contain her excitment!

Daddy & Kelsey towards the end of our skating adventure

Around and around we go...

"Mommy! I'm really skating...I'm REALLY doing it!"


She melts my heart!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that first picture...now thats a real Kelsey smile. Great photos.

Mom

Dave and Mary said...

Awww she looks so happy. When is she getting her own Pink skates??? The next Michelle Kwan???
Thanks for the slippers they are sooooooooooo nice!!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Shared this with my co-workers. We all said ahhh, how cute.
What a precious memory for all of you.

Love Aunt KIM