CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Need A Lift?


Where do I start? Its been an interested last two days! Let's start at the very beginning...

Yesterday was the Blizzard of 2011 - we ended up with about 16" of snow at our house. Greg ended up working from home, which is never really as enjoyable as it seems. The snow was too deep and our snow blower broke. We ended up paying the guy at the end of the street $20 to clear our drive with his John Deere that is rigged up with a little snow plow. Our neighborhood was cleared out around dinner. Which THANK GOODNESS it was because we had to take a trip to the ER! Colin ended up getting 3 stitches in his chin - little dare devil busted his chin on the edge of the bathtub getting in.

I should also mention that we are full force into potty training! Big boy undies all around! We even made a trip to McDonald's for a couple of hours - with no accidents!

Which brings me to today...

Kelsey spilled a mug of hot chocolate this afternoon. We quickly cleaned it up with lots of paper towel and a few wet wipes. As soon as we cleaned that up, she refilled her mug and proceeded to send it flying. Hot chocolate and ceramic mug fragments everywhere! Clean up, round #2!

Sometime around dinner Colin claimed he pooped in his underoos. Aside from a smear on his butt....no poop found! Around 8 o'clock, I finally get the two big kids tucked into bed...both in big kid undies (eek!). This is when I discover a FULL glass of water had been spilled under the dining room table. While cleaning that up with more paper towel, on my hands a knees, the big kids got out of bed and were playing around in Gavin's room. Kelsey shouts out, "MOM! Colin has poop!" I assumed he pooped his pants again - not too big of a deal, but I decide to investigate anyhow.

What I find next was just horrifying! Somehow a monster truck Happy Meal toy with a towing hook had speared the missing poop! Yes...there was poop SPEARED onto the hook! I didn't know if I should laugh or cry...

...so I took a picture instead! I will not post it here as it is disgusting! I couldn't find anymore poop hiding and there was no poo on anyone's hands or in the potty. Its a poo mystery!

And to close out the day/evening, Colin went pee in the potty in his room 4 times before passing out. Let's cross our fingers for a dry night!

I'm pooped out...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a couple of days!

Dave and Mary said...

OMG...good thing nothing happens in your life!! :) :) Glad you shared!!

Lou said...

I can't stop laughing!! : )

Jessy said...

As I'm in full force potty training with my nearly 3 year old, this story hits home a bit more realistically- though thankfully we have not had any mysterious missing poo yet! Thanks for sharing!

Sissy said...

The story is much more fun when you tell it on the phone! I told Rob and he laughed so hard he was crying....