CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

And So It Begins...

...Our countdown to Christmas! I have a partially made mitten & jingle bell garland hanging on the top edge of our tv cabinet. I still need to finish knitting the missing one and a half mittens! At any rate, each bell and mitten have a tag. One side of the tag is a number indicating how many days until Christmas and the other side has an activity for the day.

Today's activity was a treat and craft. Each of the big kids got a miniature candy bar and a wooden snake to paint. I don't really think snakes and Christmas are related, but who cares! The kids had a great time painting the snakes after quiet time this afternoon. But they put the snakes on the counter to dry and I wasn't sure what they really thought of the day or the countdown or ANYTHING! I stress about these things a little too easily...

At any rate, when Greg got home from work tonight Kelsey filled him in. "Daddy! Guess what our countdown let us do today? We got a yummy treat and we made these awesome snakes! And there are 24 days until Christmas!!!"

I think the day was a success! Tomorrow we write our letters to Santa and make our Santa Wish List...

No comments: